CoreStor iSCSI storage systems are designed for high availability, non-stop and mission critical services, applications demanding high IOPS / throughput, and flexible storage planning with cost effectiveness for small and medium enterprises solutions.
CoreStor iSCSI system is specially designed for high availability applications. It has fully redundant components including redundant RAID controllers, power supplies, fan modules, battery backup modules and SAS JBOD expansion ports. All of these components are hot-swappable to create a high availability platform and provide non-stop services. Special features in firmware are RAID 6, 60 support, writable snapshot, Windows VSS support, volume cloning, remote replication, and volume configuration restoration. All these features are designed to add an extra layer of protection to your valuable data. To raise the bar higher, CoreStor iSCSI system can upgrade firmware without system down time. Both firmware image and volume handling are well protected by the redundant RAID controllers. When one RAID controller is down or disconnected, the other RAID controller will take over all tasks immediately and seamlessly.
More powerful RAID controllers provide much higher IOPS and throughput than other storage systems within the same segment in the current market. CoreStor iSCSI system can minimize your cost and optimize your investment, simplify storage planning, and integrate more applications.
The optimized IOPS and throughput are capable of providing run-time critical online services, such as Cloud storage, SQL, Exchange, and high-end surveillance storages. Furthermore, with the iSCSI interface, CoreStor iSCSI arrays are ideal for virtualization environments – VMWare, Hyper-V, and Citrix. Users can install up to 128 OSes in the iSCSI system through the Boot-from-SAN feature. With this feature, the multiple OSes/Servers can be managed easily and well protected by advanced data protection features, and there will be no system downtime caused by single point of failure.
Default Built-In Data Protection Features
CoreStor iSCSI systems are built-in with highly reliable data protection features, from writeable snapshot, volume cloning, to remote replication. Your valuable data can be easily safeguarded and synchronized locally and remotely. In case of accidents, data corruption, virus, and even disasters, the services and applications can be recovered in a very short time.
All CoreStor iSCSI systems have default power saving feature. In most cases, the hard drives consume the most power. With the auto disk spin down feature and proper configuration, the power consumption of hard drives can be reduced to a minimum, and users will not even notice this feature. CoreStor iSCSI array monitors the environment temperature for cooling mechanism and the fan modules respond accordingly. The power supply modules are all 80 PLUS Gold power efficient for better power converting rate. In virtue of the reduction of hard drive power consumption, the advanced cooling mechanism, and the energy-efficient power supplies, we can use energy more efficiently and reduce unnecessary carbon footprint.
Host Interface Highlights
- Hardware iSCSI offload engine
- Jumbo frame
- Header/Data digest
- CHAP authentication
- Virtual LAN
- Role-based access control / Active directory
- Up to 128 multiple nodes support
- Up to 128 hosts support
- Up to 1024 sessions per controller
RAID & Volume Highlights
- RAID level 0,1,0+1,3,5,6,10,30,50, 60, JBOD, N-way mirror
- Up to 4096 logical volumes
- Up to 64 hard drives per volume group
- One logic volume can be shared by as many as 16 hosts
- Global and dedicated hot spare
- Write-through or write-back cache policy
- Online volume expansion
- Instant RAID volume availability
- Auto volume rebuilding
- Online volume migration without system down time
High Availability Highlights
- Dual-active RAID controller
- Cache mirroring through high bandwidth channels
- Flexible RAID group ownership management
- Management port seamless take-over
- Online firmware upgrade, no system down time
- Multi-path & load-balancing support (Microsoft MPIO, MC/S, Trunking, LACP)
Advanced Data Protection Highlights
- Remote replication
- Writable snapshot
- Volume cloning
- Microsoft Windows Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS)
- Configurable N-way mirror
- Online disk roaming
- Instant volume restoration
- Hot pluggable battery backup module (BBM)